Welcome to our Blog. Come on in & find out what's happening with the Dybviks. :)

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Higher Ground 2007


A couple of weekends ago, I took our niece, Tiffany, and nephews, Evan & Nicholas camping at the Higher Ground Music festival in Winsted, MN. Friday was a beautiful day and the most perfect day we could ask for to be camping and listening to concerts. :)



This year we borrowed Angela & Eric's new screen tent so we had some shade and a virtually bug free place to eat. :)






Evan & Nicholas carrying their chairs to the concert area.




Tiffany, Nicholas & Evan waiting for the Go Fish concert to start. Nicholas was so excited to see Go Fish. He kept asking all day when it would be time for Go Fish........I think he was afraid we would miss it if he didn't keep checking. :)




Nicholas & Tiffany enjoying the Go Fish concert. :)










Nicholas, Evan & me.









Nicholas & Evan with Go Fish (Jason, Jamie & Andy). We waited in line so the boys could get their posters signed. While we were waiting, Nicholas asked, "Do you think I will get to hug them?" :) He didn't hug them because they were behind a table but he did get to talk to them a little bit.




Saturday morning it started raining at 7:30 am and rained all day. I was very, very thankful for the screen tent. It allowed us to still be able to cook breakfast. The people on our right went to McDonalds in town because they couldn't cook their food. The family on our left just packed up and left. Here the boys are eating their french toast. :)


We listened to the concerts while playing games in the tent. Here we were playing HuskerDu? and we also played Dora Candyland, Oh Rats! and Sum Swamp. We also had to keep mopping up little puddles that came in thru the seams of the tent because it was raining constantly at a pretty good rate.




The adult ponchos were a little big on the boys, but they thought they were fun. We did finally give up and start packing up after we at supper. I was tired of carrying the boys over the mud to go to the port-a-potties and I didn't want them to wake up in the middle of the night in puddles of water. I had just changed them into dry clothes and Evan had to go to the bathroom. I said, "You have got to be kidding. I just got you dry." So instead of walking there, I loaded them up in the truck and we drove to the port-a-potties. One lady found this amusing. I told here I was tired of fighting with the mud. :) We were finally packed up and ready to leave at about 9:40 pm. We only missed one concert because we didn't want to wait around in the truck for the Mark Schultz concert to start at 10:00 pm. It started to lightning while we were leaving so we were glad that we were going home. Evan said, "I am a little sad because I wanted to stay." Over all, we had a very good time. :)
.
.
P.S. I have decided that I do not like packing up the tent in the rain.......very soggy! :)

No comments: