Welcome to our Blog. Come on in & find out what's happening with the Dybviks. :)

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back to Fond du Lac, WI

Todd & I are on a trip to Fond du Lac, WI from today thru Sunday. My family lived in Fond du Lac when I was in 5th & 6th grade. I have always wanted to bring Todd here to see where we used to live. We have to go to a memorial service in Brookfield, WI on Saturday, so it seemed like a good opportunity to take a mini-vacation.

We went to Lakeside Park this afternoon. I remember a lot about Fond du Lac, but I had totally forgotten about the big steam engine at the opening of the park. It was donated to the city of Fond du Lac when it was retired in 1955. Right when I saw it, I said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot about the train!" Then I saw the little train tracks next to the engine & told Todd, "......And there used to be a little train that went around on this track. I remember that."........and then.......................

................the little train came around the track! :)

Todd wanted a close up of me, so I tried to climb the fence & run away in the steam engine. :)

No, that is not me trying to run Todd over with the steam engine............
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)


There is a deer farm at the park. There were at least 4 fawns in there. Here are two of them. It was funny, because there was a third fawn close to these two fawns and when I tried to take a picture at a different angle of the three of them, he hid his head in the grass. When I moved over by Todd & took this picture, he put his head back up. Just for fun, I went back to the original spot to see if he would hide again if I tried to take a picture.........and he did! :) Funny! :)


Sonja in the covered bridge at Lakeside Park.

Close up.............Todd likes this one. :)

Todd in the covered bridge.

We decided to go for a ride on the train. It was only $.95 for each of us. Todd is excited to ride the train. :)

Sonja on the train.

Pink lilies in the park.


These lilies were right next to the pink ones. We have never seen lilies with these colors before.

Todd took this picture of me & he likes it a lot. :)

No comments: