Welcome to our Blog. Come on in & find out what's happening with the Dybviks. :)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Christmas Window 2008

The Christmas Window (our Christmas production at church) was a great success. We had great audiences for the 7 shows that we did and many lives were touched with the story of Jesus' birth told in a fresh new way. We just wanted to show you a few of our costumes from the production.
For the 1st scene, Sonja has her own coffee shop. This was a surprise that they did for me last year when I had back surgery at the end of October and was determined to at least be able to fulfill my role as the coffee shop owner. They surprised me with painting my name on the coffee shop. :)

We also sing the song, Be Our Guest, where we are waiters with many trays of treats. Mmmmmmmmmm!!

This was from the dance for the Victorian Christmas Ball where we danced to the song Ding Dong Merrily on High. Sonja's mom is in the Chorale group that sang the song while we danced. This was our toughest move in the dance.............called The Keyhole. It was a lot of work, but we also had a lot of fun dancing and were glad we tried out and were chosen to be dancers. :)

In the second half of the production, Todd was one of the Three Wise Men and I was an angel. I actually had 3 different angel costumes for different songs................but this one was my favorite. :)

No comments: